[solved] Keyboard package error

There is one inconvenient left. Whenever I changed one application to another, Keyman keyboard doesn’t work automatically. So I did on screen keyboard radio button on. Typing with on screen keyboard button on is not good because whenever I touch the screen, the huge keyboard layout appear and it disturbs my view. Can you pls fix this problem. The original default samsung keyboard doesn’t have that problem. I would like to suggest that the keyboard size should be cutomized in its setting. Doing good without on screen keyboard appear is the best. Hope youĺl understand what I mean. Thanks.

You might be able to switch to the Keyman keyboard by pressing Ctrl+Tab on your Bluetooth keyboard?

Yes. I did. I can choose the language but when I typed nth appear. It appears only when I touch the on screen keyboard again.

@ThetNaing, thank you for the additional feedback. @darcy are you able to reproduce this?

Here’s the steps I did to try to reproduce the issue on my Samsung tablet paired with a bluetooth keyboard:

1. Install Keyman 14
  2. In Keyman, install sil_myanmar_my3 keyboard
  3. In Keyman, add Keyman as a system keyboard
  4. On the device, click the keyboard icon to change keyboard

Screenshot_20210421-073001_Chrome

1. This was the tricky part for me. The Samsung tablet wouldn’t change change system keyboards while the “On-screen keyboard” setting was “off”. Set the “On-screen keyboard” to “on”.
  2. Set Keyman to the system keyboard, and then you can set “On-screen keyboard” to “off”.
  3. In Chrome, I was able to type in the search bar without the OSK by typing on the bluetooth keyboard.

Is this what you’re wanting to do?

I also noticed the Keyman Ctrl+Tab hotkey didn’t work when the OSK was off :confused:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Display Khmer characters in Quickbook?

Can you make Kyeman SIL keyboard with Pyihtaungsu font? I also need Pyihtaungsu font rather than Myanmar3 font. In Myanmar, Pyihtaungsu font is standard use in government office. Pls help if you can. Thanks.

If you give me a place to download the font I can look at it to see if the license allows redistribution and if the font is completely Unicode compatible.

Remember, even if a keyboard package comes with one font, you can always switch to another font on your system.

The font that comes with the Myanmar3 keyboard is called Padauk.

1 Like

Pyidaungsu Font it is the link of pyidaungsu font download and it is totally free and unicode standard. It is available for PC only. Thanks for your help. Iḿ the one who try galaxy tab S7 tablet as a laptop replacement. :crazy_face:

Iḿ checking everyday whether you upload keyboard or not. Thanks in advance. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We will respond here if and when we update the keyboard package. It will be at least a few days if not longer.

1 Like

We did update the keyboard to include both the Padauk and the Pyidaungsu font:
https://keyman.com/keyboards/sil_myanmar_my3

I hope this is helpful.

2 Likes

Where can I find Pyidaungsu font? Pls explain me. Thanks for help.

It looks like you want to add the Pyidaungsu font to Microsoft Word for Android. We didn’t understand this previously – the fonts we add are available on Windows, macOS and Linux computers after you install the package. However, sadly Android itself and the Word for Android app do not support installing custom fonts (at least without gaining root access to the Android device, which is typically unsupported by manufacturers).

But there is one trick that a forum user has discovered, which involves using a Windows computer to create a document that includes the font: How to add a font to Microsoft Word on an Android Tablet - Microsoft Community. I can’t promise this will work, but give it a try if you can!

1 Like

Yes when we edit the original document, it goes with that documentś font.

Pls someone change the way of switching language in keyman keyboard to be better. I mean like in windows, switching language in background with key combination. Not choosing by touching screen in andriod tablet. The screen which appeared after pressing ctr+tab is annoying. Or when typing, the onscreen keyboard should disappear automatically. Thanks.

I agree that the Ctrl+Tab language switch could be better for Android! Do you want to open a feature request issue for this? New Issue · keymanapp/keyman

1 Like

Yes and Ctr+C, Ctr+V (Copy and Paste) function doesn’t work.

Re copy/paste, that would be a feature request to make in the same place (https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/new/choose) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry I’m not clever at using this forum. Pls put suitable place. Thanks.