No entries showing in dictionary

Hello, We are trying to create a simple dictionary app but the main dictionary is blank and the reversal dictionary only contains the English reversal field.

I’ve checked the XHTML and it looks similar to other dictionaries. I have summary gloss language (english) checked.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might happen?

FLEx:
Screenshot 2024-07-11 122602

Android:

Screenshot 2024-07-11 122512

I would suggest reading through some previous posts, to see if there is something useful to be gleaned from them:

I would also recommend trying to create a new app from scratch. Sometimes when you use the “Update the app” options the app configuration can get a bit confused, but there don’t seem to be any issues when you initially add the lexical data on creating the app.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestions. I had seen those posts but they contain a lot of information so it was good to re-read them. The only thing I hadn’t done was start from scratch and after I did that the app worked. The strange thing is that two of us working independently had the same problem so I didn’t think of it being something so simple.

Peter

Hi Peter,

That’s good that that worked. Do you recall if you had used the Update from Source or Update from Other Source buttons before the problem happened? I suspect there are some problems with that functionality, but there aren’t really developers available to track down and fix the problems. I’m a “very occasional” developer, so maybe I’ll eventually get a chance to look at it…

Jeff