No entries showing in dictionary

Hello, We are trying to create a simple dictionary app but the main dictionary is blank and the reversal dictionary only contains the English reversal field.

I’ve checked the XHTML and it looks similar to other dictionaries. I have summary gloss language (english) checked.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this might happen?

FLEx:
Screenshot 2024-07-11 122602

Android:

Screenshot 2024-07-11 122512

I would suggest reading through some previous posts, to see if there is something useful to be gleaned from them:

I would also recommend trying to create a new app from scratch. Sometimes when you use the “Update the app” options the app configuration can get a bit confused, but there don’t seem to be any issues when you initially add the lexical data on creating the app.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your suggestions. I had seen those posts but they contain a lot of information so it was good to re-read them. The only thing I hadn’t done was start from scratch and after I did that the app worked. The strange thing is that two of us working independently had the same problem so I didn’t think of it being something so simple.

Peter