MS Office 365 - 64bit support

Hi!
I recently upgraded my MS Office package to Office 365-64bit version and also updated WIN-10 (64bit) recent security updates.
Earlier, I was able to prepare all my PowerPoint (Office 365-32bit version) presentations using Keyman Desktop 9.0 - Sinhala (Sinhalese) language without any issue.
And now, Keyman is not supporting to MS PowerPoint and also I found some issue in using MS Excel as well; but Keyman is perfectly working on MS Word without any issue.
How can I solve this matter?
Thanks in advance!!

Hi, I’m looking into this and will let you know when I have completed my investigation.

I’ve now tested Keyman 10 (now released) here with the latest Office 365 64-bit edition on Windows 10 64-bit, and did not find any problems using MS PowerPoint or Excel. Can you give some more information on the problem you are experiencing? You may also find it helpful to send us a diagnostic report (see https://help.keyman.com/kb/40 for instructions)

Thanks a lot Marc! I will upgrad to Keyman 10 and will let you no further if I found issues.

Hi Marc,
I installed Keyman 10 and the languages as well.
The ‘Sinhala’ keyboard I am using for my language is Sinhala - ‘Sipon’ Keyboard and that is still not supporting to MS PowerPoint and MS Excel on Office 365 64Bit version. And earlier I could write Sinhala language on Web Search as well using the said Sinhala keyboard, but now even I selected that keyboard, there is only English keyboard is functioned.
Pls kindly look into this issue specifically focusing the language I use (Sipon).
Thanks!

Okay, I just tested the Sipon Sinhala keyboard here with Word 365 64 bit version and had no trouble. Can you send us a diagnostic report following the instructions at https://help.keyman.com/kb/40?

Hi Marc,
Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely correct. Even Keyman Desktop 9.0 was also supported for Ms. Word and also for Outlook (365 64bit).
As I clearly indicated in my previous messages/comments, both the Keyman Desktop 9.0 or 10.0 does not support to 365 64bit versions of Ms. PowerPoint, Ms. Excel and some incorrect texts typed while typing on internet browsers…
I will follow your instructions to send diagnostic report as indicated above.
However, just as experienced by myself, what would happen is, on PowerPoint, even we change the language it is not supporting to Sipon or any other Sinhala Language in Keyman Desktop software; so the keyboard is not change from the default Keyboard (US English in my case) technically while it is indicated on status bar (right side) the language has been changed.
Regards

Marc,

Did you find a solution to the problem that CGuruge was having? I am also experiencing this problem in one of my locations.

Diego

@dfrausto, can you send through a diagnostic report for the system that is having an issue and describe the symptoms you are having with regard to languages, etc, so that I can be sure we are looking at the same issue?

Marc, Can you send me the instructions for generating a diagnostic report. I am in the states trying to help our office staff in Ethiopia , so I will need to get back to them with these instructions. In the meantime, what I can tell you is that the keyboard layout for Amharic characters is working fine in Office 365 Word, but not in Excel and Power Point. In these two programs, the characters are not mapping correctly, so they cannot use the same product. From what our technical representative is telling us. Everything worked correct when Windows 10 v1709 was installed, but the product stopped working in Excel and Power Point after Windows 10 was upgraded to v1803. As soon as I get the instructions, I will send them to our representative and post them for you to take a look.

@dfrausto, Thank you for the update. It does appear that the issue with Sinhala and the issue with Amharic are one and the same, but I’ve only just realised this. This problem in Windows 10 1803 is something that we have been chasing with Microsoft. You can see more technical details on the problem here: https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/1285

The mitigation at this time is to assign the Amharic keyboard to the Ge’ez language, by following the steps in this post: Many Amharic keyboards not working

You may also want to upvote the Microsoft feedback issue to flag that you are experiencing the problem: https://blog.keyman.com/2018/10/how-to-send-feedback-to-microsoft-for-issues-that-impact-keyman/

(Note I linked to the instructions for generating a diagnostic report in my previous post, but given this additional information, you won’t need to do that).

The issue on this topic has been resolved.
Respectfully, due to the inactiveness of the conversation, this topic is now closed for any further discussion.
Please feel free to create a new topic if there is any question or the issue persists.