🗺 Keyman Roadmap - March 2020

Could we please add suggestion for Desktop in Keyman version 15.

Hi @mayura! You probably are going to be sad when you hear this – but we don’t think we can achieve suggestions for desktop in 15.0. Our current priority for 15.0 is to support LDML keyboards. The good news is that work we do in 15.0 will make it easier to support suggestions on desktop in a future version.

1 Like

A thought for the roadmap. It seems most modern laptops will have a trackpad that has positional sensitivity. That is, the OS gets a signal that the trackpad was touched on the left, right, top or bottom. Could Keyman catch these tap events and use them as part of an input method?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @dyacob :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I think at this time, multi-device input methods would fall outside the scope of what we are trying to tackle with Keyman – we’ve got enough challenges just dealing with keyboards cross-platform :rofl:

Aww… I was really hoping to get more out of my thumbs. I’ve got two of the darn things and all that they can do for me is hit a spacebar. :wink:

On a more serious note, I thought that the trackpad might be helpful in the design of an input method made for people who have only a single hand to work with.

Fair enough – accessibility input methods are certainly of interest but again we are at capacity with our current focus so need to maintain that focus for now. If you find some funding and/or interested developers and we’d certainly be keen to have a discussion though!

We’re tracking slowly on some of these features, but I’ve captured your feedback @Luke in an issue on GitHub so we don’t lose it. I am about to publish an updated roadmap and you’ll see a focus on Predictive Text in an upcoming release.

We have just updated the roadmap; please post feedback on the new roadmap at :world_map: Keyman Roadmap - March 2022