Keyman 10 Beta Feedback

Feedback

Let us know what you think so we can make Keyman 10 a better product. If you run into a bug or issue, please report it here.

In order to help our developers replicate your issue, please include the following:

• the language you are working with
  • the keyboard layout your are using
  • the type of device
  • version of the operating system
  • version of the Keyman beta application or app

Tried to sign up for the iOS version. Filled in my name and got this message:

Something went wrong, please contact the application owner: uninitialized constant Spaceship::Tunes::Tester

Thanks for letting us know, @Steve_White.

That’s an issue with the 3rd party plugin, but hopefully you still received an invitation email from TestFlight. After you install the TestFlight app and enter the invitation code, you should be able to get Keyman 10 Beta installs. Keep us posted if you’re not able to install the Beta.

-Darcy

This seems to be a known issue as logged in our github repo. The TestFlight should be working OK, as noted in the issue.

Yes, I did get an email. I found it in a search.

So how then do I download the app?

You’ll need to install the TestFlight app (see the link above). After entering the invitation code from the email, you’ll be able to download the Keyman Beta releases from within the TestFlight app.

Yes, thanks. I have gotten Testflight and Keyman installed now. And I can report that the IPA keyboard that Scott Dysart posted last month I can download on my iPhone in Keyman, while it failed to download in the previous version of Keyman.

I’d suggest adding to the link on the Keyman page the info that if you sign up for the iOS version and get the error message, that the signup might have worked anyway and to look for an email with information to proceed.

1 Like

I have updated the signup pages with the latest version of the ‘boarding’ tool and that has resolved the error message.

1 Like

Hi,I use Malayalam Keyman,an Indian language.
Keyman used to be my favourite font till I changed over to Windows 10.
Incidentally,Firefox is my default browse,and since then typing with Keyman has become hazardous business.Today I downloaded the new version but to my utter disappointment the same problems persists.I tried with Chrome.As far as I could see with Chrome it seems to work alright.
So my FF browser could be the issue?
Please help

Hi Jayashree,

I’m not sure what the problem is from your description. Can you describe in more detail what is happening and what you are expecting to happen? Also, can you report on the exact versions of Firefox and Keyman that you are using?

For Firefox, version information is available from the Help/About menu (press Alt+H to access)

For Keyman, version information is available in the Support tab in Keyman Configuration

Here in PNG, we’re excited about all of the platforms available with Keyman 10!! Finally, one keyboard to rule them all.

I just downloaded the Beta version for iOS and have a few comments.

On the keyboard selection screen, the lowercase letters and Ethnologue/Language Codes (I’m assuming that’s what they are) are a bit odd. Should there be a requirement to have the actual name of the keyboard instead of a code? I don’t know how it would work in sensitive countries.

The codes qaa-qtz are reserved for local use. They appear in the list at present because they are assigned to legacy custom languages (e.g. fr-ca instead of fr-fr) or non-languages such as IPA. Thanks for pointing them out; they’ll be corrected with an update to the keyboards repository. (We’ll address the lower-case letters appearing in the alphabet list as an update to the app).

See:

Another suggestion: the ABC sidebar is quite small. Could that be a bit larger so it is easier to access?

sir i am sudhakar pondicherry india tamil language user. ANSI(non unicode keyboards) type keyboards configure and install well in this keymen 10 evaluation problem is solved. but some keys changes in another place eg:-shift key use change in some letters but older version keyman 5 and STMZ kmx keyboard work well…please repair in this keyman faulty keyboards

@sudhakar, I’d like to investigate this further. Can you tell me the precise filenames of the keyboards which are working differently and exactly which keystrokes are different? Even better, could you send me (to support@keyman.com) the keyboard .kmx or .kmp files that you installed.

Also please note that version 10 is completely free and open source - there is no payment required ever.

@sudhakar, I just spotted your other post at Keymen 10 tamil support &work well. If I understand you correctly, you found an answer to the problem with Shift keys?

I’m using Windows 7, Keyman Developer 10.0.1056.0.

I’m trying to develop a touch keyboard for Android and iOS.

Is there a way to duplicate longpresses from the tablet to the phone platforms or vice-versa? Maybe I am not doing it “correctly”, but I am finding that I need to create the same longpress for both tablet and phone platforms, which is twice the work. When you want a similar longpress for both capital and lowercase letters, you basically have to tell it the same/similar thing 4 times for a single key (uppercase and lowercase for phone, uppercase and lowercase for tablet).

Thanks for considering,

James

Would there be a way to mark keys that have a longpress option? As it is currently, there is no way to easily distinguish between keys that I have created a longpress for and keys that I have not created a longpress for. Wanting to make sure I have it correct, and being the OCD person that I am, I will be going back and individually clicking each key that I was supposed to do and make sure it has the longpress.

Options (see screenshot below) might be something like the character(s) that are available for the longpress like on the “a” and “e” keys, a colored * like on the “s” key, or outlining the key like on the “d” key.