iOS KMSample dependencies issues

Hi! I am planning on integrating a keyman keyboard into my app, but first I wanted to try using the sample project in KMSample1 to get a handle on how it works, but the xcode build fails when I try. There is an issue with the Keyman Engine dependencies. I have tried adding a Carthage cartfile, but I cannot find all the necessary information to include for all the dependencies. I am not sure if a build step is necessary first, but when I try to run the included build.sh script, it fails because the file “resources/build/build-utils.sh” (from line 13 of the build_common.sh) cannot be found.

I am not sure what to try next. I assume I am missing something simple, since this is just supposed to be a sample project. Any advice?

For reference, here are the build failed errors:

error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/ObjcExceptionBridging.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/Reachability.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/ZIPFoundation.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/Sentry.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/DeviceKit.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/samples/KMSample1/KeymanEngine.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/XCGLogger.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/Reachability.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/ObjcExceptionBridging.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/ZIPFoundation.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/DeviceKit.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/Sentry.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/Carthage/Build/XCGLogger.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.144/samples/KMSample1/KeymanEngine.xcframework'. (in target 'KMSample1' from project 'KMSample1')

Welcome @Brodieheg, thank you for reporting this issue. You should be able to simply open the KMSample1 project in Xcode and build it, but I was able to reproduce the issue with a clean copy of the Keyman 16 code myself. I’ll need a little more time to investigate and will update you as soon as I have something.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn! Let me know what you find. I am newer to iOS development and so I may be missing things. I actually cannot get any version of the Keyman engine to build. I have tried running the build.sh script from the terminal as well and it fails also.

Do we need to add a cartfile and run carthage on it in order to add the dependency frameworks into our own projects? I guess I’m just not sure of the necessary steps to bring a Keyman kmp keyboard into my own project.

Hi @Brodieheg,

Here is how I was able to build KMSample:

1. clone the Keyman repo into a new directory
  2. open a terminal window and cd to the /keyman/ios/samples/KMSample1 subdirectory of the cloned project
  3. execute ./build.sh -no-codesign
  4. using Xcode, open KMSample1.xcodeproj from the /KMSample1 directory: all the framework files should be successfully located by the project
  5. build and run KMSample1

Let me know if you have any issues with these steps!
Shawn

Thanks so much, Shawn! I am getting this error when I run the build script, in your step 3:

…/build_common.sh: line 13: /Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/KeymanEngineClone/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.145/samples/…/…/resources/build/build-utils.sh: No such file or directory

Any advice here?

It looks like you may not have cloned the whole repository? The build scripts require resources from other folders, including the resources/ folder.

Hey Marc! I think you may have nailed it. I am downloading the latest stable repo from here: https://downloads.keyman.com/ios/stable/
It doesn’t have any resources folder. Is that not where the correct repo should be downloaded from?

Yep – have a look at https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman. We’ll open an issue that the sample in the downloads site doesn’t build on its own.

Ref https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/10844

Ok, this is the error I get now, when I run sh ./build.sh -no-codesign

/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/code/keyman/ios/samples/KMSample1/…/…/…/resources/build/build-utils.sh: line 204: declare: -g: invalid option
declare: usage: declare [-afFirtx] [-p] [name[=value] …]

Apparently the -g option on declare was introduced on a later version of the bash shell than what is standard on mac. But even when I upgraded to the most recent bash shell, the build still fails. The -no-codesign parameter is said to be invalid. When I run ./build.sh without it, the output is:

[ios/samples/KMSample1] build.sh parameters: <>
[ios/samples/KMSample1] ## build starting...
[ios/engine] dependency build, started by ios/samples/KMSample1
[ios/engine] build.sh parameters: <configure build --deps --builder-dep-parent ios/samples/KMSample1>
[ios/engine] ## configure starting...
[ios/engine] Skipping dependency web/src/app/webview for configure
[ios/engine] Skipping dependency common/web/sentry-manager for configure
Downloading sil_euro_latin.kmp from downloads.keyman.com
/Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/code/keyman/resources/build/build-download-resources.sh: line 34: jq: command not found

[ios/engine] Downloading /Users/brodieheginbotham/Downloads/code/keyman/ios/engine/KMEI/KeymanEngine/resources/Keyman.bundle/Contents/Resources/sil_euro_latin.kmp failed with error 3

[ios/engine] ## configure failed
[ios/samples/KMSample1] ## Dependency failed with exit code 1
[ios/samples/KMSample1] ## build failed

Output is the same if I run ./build.sh --debug which is listed as a valid parameter to skip codesigning.

Ultimately, I’m looking to create an in-app keyboard for Greek and Hebrew in my app, so that users don’t have to download a keyboard themselves (a lot of our users are having trouble downloading their own greek/hebrew keyboard). Is the Keyman engine able to do that? I’m worried with all these build fails on the sample project, that I may not be able to build it for use in my app.

Shawn is looking into the build issues for the sample project.

From my perspective, you should not need to clone the whole Keyman repo and setup the Keyman build environment in order to use the Keyman Engine framework! You should be able to take the framework file and plug it into the sample project and it should “just build” in XCode (without needing to use build.sh at all). That’s the intent behind sharing the sample project as a zip, but obviously things are broken. I am hopeful we can solve those problems soon – they are just around configuration and not really in the code itself.

In answer to your question, yes, Keyman Engine is certainly able to host an in-app keyboard. For example the App Builders (Home - Scripture App Builder - Scripture App Builder, Home - Dictionary App Builder - Dictionary App Builder, Home - Reading App Builder - Reading App Builder) embed Keyman as an in-app keyboard solution.

For reference, here’s how to setup the Keyman build environment for mac – but you may not want to traverse this path! keyman/docs/build/macos.md at master · keymanapp/keyman · GitHub

Hoping Shawn has a solid solution for you soon.

@Brodieheg – just wanted to update you on this. I’ve identified the cause, and we need to change how we are building the zip file. I will be working on a fix for that early next week and will let you know when it’s ready.

Shawn

Ok awesome, thanks Shawn! I really appreciate it.

@Brodieheg, we have a new version of Keyman 16 that builds the zip file correctly. Please try building KMSample1 again with version 16.0.147. I am now able to download and open the project in Xcode and run the sample as described in the instructions here: Guide: build an in-app keyboard

Thanks for reporting the issue to us so that we could get this working properly!
Shawn

Hey Shawn! Thanks for sticking with me! The app still doesn’t build. It looks like there is a problem with Reachability? If it builds on your machine, maybe there is some kind of configuration step I’m missing that isn’t in the guide?

That is surprising that it would not be able to find the Reachability framework when it is copied directly into the Frameworks folder. If you can give me the detailed error, it might help to understand why it is failing.

In Xcode, please go to View → Navigators → Reports and select the failed build from the list. Then select the build error for the failed build and copy the full error text and paste it here or attach it as a text file.

I did not need to any additional configuration to build successfully. I just opened KMSample1.xcodeproj from keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147.zip and built it.

Here is the full text of the error:

SwiftEmitModule normal arm64 Emitting\ module\ for\ KMSample1 (in target ‘KMSample1’ from project ‘KMSample1’)

cd /Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/samples/KMSample1

builtin-swiftTaskExecution – /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/swift-frontend -frontend -emit-module -experimental-skip-non-inlinable-function-bodies-without-types /Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/samples/KMSample1/KMSample1/ViewController.swift /Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/samples/KMSample1/KMSample1/AppDelegate.swift /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/DerivedSources/GeneratedAssetSymbols.swift -target arm64-apple-ios12.1-simulator -Xllvm -aarch64-use-tbi -enable-objc-interop -sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator17.4.sdk -I /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F /Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/samples/KMSample1 -F /Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/Carthage/Build -no-color-diagnostics -enable-testing -g -module-cache-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache.noindex -swift-version 4 -enforce-exclusivity=checked -Onone -serialize-debugging-options -const-gather-protocols-file /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1_const_extract_protocols.json -enable-bare-slash-regex -empty-abi-descriptor -validate-clang-modules-once -clang-build-session-file /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache.noindex/Session.modulevalidation -Xcc -working-directory -Xcc /Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/samples/KMSample1 -resource-dir /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift -enable-anonymous-context-mangled-names -Xcc -ivfsstatcache -Xcc /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/SDKStatCaches.noindex/iphonesimulator17.4-21E210-aa93b11c43e2d16681ac3fa171344f4f.sdkstatcache -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/swift-overrides.hmap -Xcc -iquote -Xcc /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/KMSample1-generated-files.hmap -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/KMSample1-own-target-headers.hmap -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/KMSample1-all-target-headers.hmap -Xcc -iquote -Xcc /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/KMSample1-project-headers.hmap -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/include -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/DerivedSources-normal/arm64 -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/DerivedSources/arm64 -Xcc -I/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/DerivedSources -Xcc -DDEBUG=1 -module-name KMSample1 -disable-clang-spi -target-sdk-version 17.4 -target-sdk-name iphonesimulator17.4 -external-plugin-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator17.4.sdk/usr/lib/swift/host/plugins#/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator17.4.sdk/usr/bin/swift-plugin-server -external-plugin-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator17.4.sdk/usr/local/lib/swift/host/plugins#/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator17.4.sdk/usr/bin/swift-plugin-server -external-plugin-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/lib/swift/host/plugins#/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/swift-plugin-server -external-plugin-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/local/lib/swift/host/plugins#/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/swift-plugin-server -plugin-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/host/plugins -plugin-path /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/local/lib/swift/host/plugins -emit-module-doc-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1.swiftdoc -emit-module-source-info-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1.swiftsourceinfo -emit-objc-header-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1-Swift.h -serialize-diagnostics-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1-master-emit-module.dia -emit-dependencies-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1-master-emit-module.d -o /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1.swiftmodule -emit-abi-descriptor-path /Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Intermediates.noindex/KMSample1.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/KMSample1.build/Objects-normal/arm64/KMSample1.abi.json

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:73:24: error: ‘Reachability’ is not a member type of class ‘Reachability.Reachability’

extension Reachability.Reachability {

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:23:14: note: 'Reachability' declared here

public class Reachability {

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:93:24: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

extension Reachability.Reachability.NetworkStatus : Swift.Equatable {}

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:23:14: note: 'Reachability' declared here

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:95:24: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

extension Reachability.Reachability.NetworkStatus : Swift.Hashable {}

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:96:24: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

extension Reachability.Reachability.Connection : Swift.Equatable {}

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:97:24: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

extension Reachability.Reachability.Connection : Swift.Hashable {}

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:24:53: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public typealias NetworkReachable = (Reachability.Reachability) -> ()

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:25:55: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public typealias NetworkUnreachable = (Reachability.Reachability) -> ()

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:32:44: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public static func == (a: Reachability.Reachability.NetworkStatus, b: Reachability.Reachability.NetworkStatus) -> Swift.Bool

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:32:88: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public static func == (a: Reachability.Reachability.NetworkStatus, b: Reachability.Reachability.NetworkStatus) -> Swift.Bool

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:45:44: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public static func == (a: Reachability.Reachability.Connection, b: Reachability.Reachability.Connection) -> Swift.Bool

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:45:85: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public static func == (a: Reachability.Reachability.Connection, b: Reachability.Reachability.Connection) -> Swift.Bool

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:51:42: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public var whenReachable: Reachability.Reachability.NetworkReachable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:52:44: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public var whenUnreachable: Reachability.Reachability.NetworkUnreachable?

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:62:54: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public var currentReachabilityStatus: Reachability.Reachability.Connection {

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Reachability.framework/Modules/Reachability.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:65:39: error: 'Reachability' is not a member type of class 'Reachability.Reachability'

public var connection: Reachability.Reachability.Connection {

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/KMSample1-dblzuqvvjrlcucbspjvgrvqijhdh/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/KeymanEngine.framework/Modules/KeymanEngine.swiftmodule/arm64-apple-ios-simulator.private.swiftinterface:10:8: error: failed to build module 'Reachability'; this SDK is not supported by the compiler (the SDK is built with 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51)', while this compiler is 'Apple Swift version 5.10 (swiftlang-5.10.0.13 clang-1500.3.9.4)'). Please select a toolchain which matches the SDK.

import Reachability

^

/Users/bheginbotham/Downloads/keyman-engine-ios-16.0.147/samples/KMSample1/KMSample1/ViewController.swift:8:8: error: failed to build module 'KeymanEngine'; this SDK is not supported by the compiler (the SDK is built with 'Apple Swift version 5.7.2 (swiftlang-5.7.2.135.5 clang-1400.0.29.51)', while this compiler is 'Apple Swift version 5.10 (swiftlang-5.10.0.13 clang-1500.3.9.4)'). Please select a toolchain which matches the SDK.

import KeymanEngine

Maybe there is an difference in environment.
Are you using an Intel Mac or Apple silicon?
Also, what version of Xcode and macOS?