WeSay not yet compatible with FieldWorks 9 for Send/Receive

WeSay projects that Send/Receive with FieldWorks projects should not move to the latest stable version of FieldWorks.

Changes to a writing system file format that is included in the LIFT Send/Receive will prevent FieldWorks and WeSay from merging changes until a new version of WeSay is released. Any Send/Receives from WeSay will still succeed, but they will not be picked up by FieldWorks 9, and changes in FieldWorks 9 will not be seen in WeSay.

Any projects that rely on this workflow should continue using FieldWorks 8.3.12

Jep, I discovered this the hard way – yes, I should have red the release notes more carefully. This is a pity, because already that short test showed better performance of FLEx 9 compared to FLEx 8.

Anyone know if there are plans to update WeSay to be compatible with FLEx 9 soon? Trying to run two different versions of FLEx on the same computer is not exactly ideal.

I know this is actively being worked on by another team member, but I don’t know what the status or progress is, or if there is an ETA yet.

These are great rumors!

There is a new version in the works. We hope to have an installer ready for Beta testing before the end of the month.

3 Likes

Hi, I hope this new version is coming soon :slight_smile:
That would be great. Since I upgraded Flex in last autumn, I lost the send receive function.

Any update about this issue? Our dictionary has been sitting in WeSay for about a year now.

It would be wonderful if WeSay could be updated to send/receive with FLEx 9. We have 10 different language teams in our project that have WeSay dictionaries, but they are using FLEx 9 in their current grammar course. We really need these tools to work together.

1 Like