Touch keyboard - automatic switching between OK-key and Return-key

L.S. Greetings. I would like to know if there is a possibility to make the return-key on the Touch Keyboard automatically switch between the normal return function and the OK function where the context demands it. When the keyman touch keyboard is selected, the phone turned off and on again, and IF for security reason a password has to be typed at power-up, instead of return, the key should be able to behave as the OK function, which it does on a samsung keyboard. It does not to my experience for the keyman touch keyboard. It is either return OR OK. At this moment I do not know how to make the keyboard ‘adapt’ to a password situation. So, what needs to be done at this point is switch the keyboard to samsung, type the password and type OK (=return key) (which btw will be impossible if the user used non-ascii symbols …). The problem is that the wonderful new touch keyboard is so good, people who do not speak french or english will never go back to these keyboards, except one day if they decide to start using a startup password they will have to, and by then will have forgotten all about the old! samsung keyboard :wink:
So, any advise or tip how to handle this ? Thanks in advance for your help.

It sounds like you’re asking how a user can unlock their phone when a non-Latin Keyman keyboard is selected.

The globe button on a Keyman keyboard has a special mode when the phone is at a locked screen:

1. Starting with a Keyman keyboard, hitting the globe button will cycle through the installed Keyman keyboards (in case one of them like SIL EuroLatin can enter a password)
  2. If all the Keyman keyboards have been cycled through with the globe button, hitting it again will advance to the next system keyboard (e.g. Samsun keyboard or Gboard). One of those default keyboards should be able to unlock the phone.

Thanks Darcy, indeed that is one issue, but what I am really asking is if the Return-function of the return key can be changed automatically to OK when the context demands it, as seems the case with the samsung keyboards . . .

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.