Roles in Sessions and People Tabs doesn’t match

Dear All,

I am dealing with a difficulty, not documented, as far as know. I use the version 3.6.2 of Saymore, on Windows 11

Here the workflow:

• I enter several new contributors in the “People” tab

• I create a new session and in the “contributors” tab of this session I enter the contributors, all with different roles (Performer, Data Inputter …)

• However, in the “Contribution” tab of all these People, all roles are “Participant”.

In sum all the roles are in “Session” correct but not in “People” an uniformized as “Participant”

Any idea to resolve this?

Thank you,

Anna

Looking at the code, I can see that the behavior you describe appears to be intentional. That column is always going to be “Participant” no matter what the person’s role was. It has been like that since 2014, when this view was first added. I just downloaded Lameta and tried it there, and the behavior there is what you expect, so I think it’s clearly a coding mistake, so I will work on getting it fixed.

Note that the roles do show correctly for specific contributions associated with individual files in the session, just not for the session as a whole. Looking more closely at Lameta, it does not show a person’s contributions down to the file level, though it does show a row for each type of contribution made for the session.
So one possible “workaround” might be to associate the contributions with individual session files. That might even be better in some cases, but I’m not sure that completely makes sense for all types of contributions.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for yours answers and explanations. I will wait for an update as I am not sure that other manipulations will not create other issues for me.
Lameta is interesting but I need the transcription/translation module, so I’ll stay on Saymore.