Request for Polytonic Greek localization

Problem solved. Many many thanks.

PS. I wonder whether I can translate the Keyman wordings into Polytonic Greek, so that the latter can be added to the display languages.

Our localization strings are managed on translate.keyman.com.
I’ve added Greek (Polytonic) at:

(edited)

Message me your Crowdin account and I can add you to the project.

Hi Darcy,

My crowdin account is amadel24

Hope this is OK.

— Note: Email replies will be posted to the SIL Software Community Site —

| darcy Keyman Team Lead
June 11 |

• | - |

amadel:

PS. I wonder whether I can translate the Keyman wordings into Polytonic Greek, so that the latter can be added to the display languages.

crowdin.com

Translating Keyman to Greek (Polytonic) language - Crowdin

Keyman Greek (Polytonic) translation. Help us translate Keyman and bring it to the world!

Hi Darcy,

I just completed the translation of the ios and android apps in crowdin. I wonder what I need to do now, in order for the Greek Polytonic language to appear as a display language in Keyman.

Thanks a lot.

| darcy Keyman Team Lead
June 11 |

• | - |

amadel:

crowdin.com

Translating Keyman to Greek (Polytonic) language - Crowdin

Keyman Greek (Polytonic) translation. Help us translate Keyman and bring it to the world!

Thanks for your contribution. (I’ve split this into a separate topic)

Our team will proofread the strings and then attempt to add Polytonic Greek to the mobile apps. That may take some time since part of our development team is away for a few months. Also, we don’t know if we’ll run into Android or iOS limitations on a “Polytonic Greek” locale.

Quick question about the Polytonic Greek strings.
The source string questions (ending in \?) look to be translated as ending in \;. Is that intentional?

For example: SKKeyboardAlreadyInstalled

Yes! The greek question mark is ;
The greek semicolon is ·

Yahoo Mail: Αναζητήστε, οργανωθείτε, πετύχετε

Also, for LanguageName strings, can you use the string “Polytonic Greek” as written in Greek letters? (don’t translate “English” into Greek letters)

This way, in the UI menus, users can choose the localization from a list that includes:

አማርኛ (Amharic)
{your Polytonic Greek string} (Polytonic Greek)

Hi, Darcy.

The link to LanguageName that you sent me, only contains the language name “English” translated into Polytonic Greek. I put it back to “English”.

No entry for Greek (Polytonic) is included. Please, let me know where it is, so that I can translate it. Anyway “Greek (Polytonic)” is “Ἑλληνικὰ πολυτονικά”.

Please, let me know if there is something else for me to do.

Many thanks.

| darcy Keyman Team Lead
June 19 |

• | - |

Also, for LanguageName strings, can you use the string “Polytonic Greek” as written in Greek letters? (don’t translate “English” into Greek letters)

This way, in the UI menus, users can choose the localization from a list that includes:

አማርኛ (Amharic)
{your Polytonic Greek string} (Polytonic Greek)

This is the string we want to use.

The source string “English” was intended to just be an example of what is shown in the UI dialog.

Will you let me know when the polytonic greek wordings are included in Keyman?

| darcy Keyman Team Lead
July 5 |

• | - |

amadel:

Ἑλληνικὰ πολυτονικά

This is the string we want to use.

The source string “English” was intended to just be an example of what is shown in the UI dialog.

Hi @amadel

The Polytonic Greek localizations have been added on the Android and iOS builds of
Keyman 18.0.69-alpha onward.

You can try the pre-release versions at
https://keyman.com/downloads/releases/alpha/18.0.69