Recommend changing the default instructions

I am teaching KAB and this is my first time using it. Everything worked great, and the resulting app does a good job of guiding the user through the process of setting it up. However, at the end of the process, it felt like I was left hanging and I wonder if others get stuck here.

What the user needs to understand is that they have succeeded and can close the app. The instructions say they can now use the keyboard, but I was waiting for something to happen in the app since the app never exited. Hitting the back button just offers to set it up again. I was very pleased to see that I can change the wording and I reworded these options as follows:

Change: You can now use the keyboard to type in other apps such as WhatsApp, Gmail and Facebook.
To: When Step 2 is complete, you may exit this app and use this keyboard in any app that allows you to type.

Change: After you have set up the keyboard, you can use it to type in other apps such as WhatsApp, Gmail and Facebook.
To: After you have set up the keyboard, you may exit this app and use the keyboard in any app that allows you to type, such as WhatsApp, Gmail and Facebook.

1 Like

@dhigby Great! I appreciate the suggestion. I know users in my community will get stuck/confused at that point.

On a related note (and maybe this should be a feature request), I am wondering if it would be possible to link the 3 steps to each other, so you could just press “Continue” instead of having to go back after completing each step? I realize this would probably be more complicated to try to do for the connection between steps 2 and 3, but how about steps 1 and 2?

Just a suggestion. Let me know if you think it would be helpful or not, or if there is already some way to do this that I don’t know about.
Thanks.

I added this into the KAB enhancements list.

1 Like

In my keyboard after step 3 I say:

Now open other apps and type with the keyboard.
Letters with a green dot to the top right have other options: hold down on a letter to see the options, move to highlight then release your finger. (É™ is inside a.)