Reading App Builder 5.5
Release date: 14 June 2019
New Features and Improvements:
App Builder Interface in Russian
- All of the Reading App Builder interface has been translated into Russian. This is in addition to English, French and Spanish that are already supported. Many more languages are available in the app itself.
- From August 2019, Google requires all apps submitted to Google Play to have 64-bit versions of native libraries. These have now been added for Crosswalk and Grandroid.
Amazon Corretto 8 for JDK
- Since Oracle has changed its licensing agreement for the use of their JDK, we recommend you use Amazon Corretto 8 instead. Amazon Corretto is a no-cost, multiplatform, production-ready distribution of the Open Java Development Kit (OpenJDK).
- Installation instructions can be found in the documentation.
View Project Folder
- Show the current app project folder by right-clicking on the app name in the left panel and selecting ‘View Project Folder’, or ‘File’ > ‘View Project Folder’ on the main menu.
Updated Gradle compiler to the latest version 5.4.1.
In the iOS app:
- Apply fonts to search bar text and special characters buttons.
In the app builder:
- In the list of images, the thumbnail is now updated correctly if replacing a file with the same name that is only different by case (e.g. replacing wraB1.png with wrab1.png).
- If an image file contained an ampersand character, it was not saved correctly in the app definition file.
- The Select Images dialog should show .jpeg files as well as .jpg.