Normalizing Hebrew - character order issues

We have various Hebrew texts for which we would like to ensure a consistent order. We know that Unicode normalization messes up some sequences involving Meteg and Patah, and that one solution is to insert CGJ. I cannot, however, find a table that tells me exactly which sequences require the addition of a CGJ. Does anyone know where I can find such a table? I assume the fonts people and Keyman people have both encountered this problem.

Also, if there is more to it than inserting CGJ in the right positions, please let me know what I don’t know that I don’t know.

Does this page help? Ezra SIL info - SIL Language Technology - SIL Language Technology

If not, let me know and I’ll look for some older documentation that might not have been moved to this site.

Thanks, Lorna, that’s helpful. And particularly good for Meteg.

But I think it may not be complete. Aren’t there also some issues, for instance, with ordering of patah and hiriq? And what I really don’t know at all is what other orders may be significant this way.

patah (but not hiriq unless it has another name) is discussed in the Unicode chapter on Hebrew.

patah and hiriq are discussed in ch23 on page 14/925.

https://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode15.0.0/ch23.pdf#M9.35858.HeadingBreak.132.Layout.Controls