Lexique Pro application window not appearing

Legacy Lexique Pro user here…I realise the unsupported status of this tool, and that there are other newer options, but I have been using it successfully on multiple dictionary projects for many years and it suits my needs really well.

In 2020 there was an inconclusive thread here outlining the same problem I have just experienced: the program fails to load past the initial screen. This happened to me a couple of years ago, and I can’t remember how I got it to work again. But I have been using it for days in a workshop with multiple children’s picture dictionaries in preparation, and then suddenly it wouldn’t load. I cannot recall doing anything out of the ordinary on my laptop prior to this. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, checked for system updates etc. but still no luck.

Hoping that someone else who might have experienced this might have been successful in sorting it out and remembering the solution. Thanks!

Haha solved my own problem. I had projection mode on Extend as was showing Lexique Pro on a second display, but when the other screen was not attached Lexique Pro was still trying to load to it, which is why I couldn’t see it. Once the other screen was plugged in again LP was there and I could drag it back to my main screen and all is well. Sorry to bother any of you high-end technology folk who looked at this!