I’m seeing a similar-looking issue but I don’t think mine is related to Chrome. I’ve used Ubuntu/Wasta for years with kmfl, and I just compiled my usual .kmn file using Keyman Developer 12, in a Win 10 VirtualBox machine, and installed it in Wasta 18.04 Keyman.
First issue: In Thunderbird (60.9.0) when typing a message with my keyboard ON, sometimes two seemingly random keystrokes will change into one non-standard character. My keyboard uses two “trigger” keys (q ;), but the first character of these sequences is not either of these. I finally “caught” one in the act. In an email recently:
I typed “It hasn’t changed”, which changed to “It hasn’tɔhanged”.
(Keystroke sequence for ɔ is ‘q o’)
Then I got “one or moë videos” (more).
But the same sequence doesn’t switch/convert every time I type it. I haven’t figured out how to make it happen, but it started when I installed the .kmp into Keyman-Linux a few weeks ago.
Second issue, which is different than Ken’s but easier to describe: Now in LibreOffice 6.3 (current updates applied), my custom characters only “work” for about the first 2/3 of the first line of each paragraph. At some point the Keyman keyboard just quits working until I start a new paragraph, when the same thing happens again.
This is consistent. It happens when I apply various paragraph styles or fonts, or set spellchecker/language to [none].
I would be happy to send more info, or a doc containing these oddities, or my .kmn/kmp files, if it will help.