Keyman makes firefox crash

Finally I found a great bug in keyman. I was using keyman with tamil keyboards available in keyman website. But when it comes to long time usage (like letting keyman run for 2-3 days with firefox) it makes firefox to crash. Without keyman the firefox works very well even 30+ tabs opened.

Hi @Suresh, can you let us know – are you using Windows, Linux, or macOS? Also which version of Keyman, specifically?

I was using Windows 11 x64. Keyman 15.0.274

Even with all the previous versions having same problem.

PS: If you can provide Keyman Developer 6.2 will be more helpful to test.

Okay, thank you for the update.

We no longer offer Keyman Developer 6.2 for download. Later versions of Keyman Developer can still build keyboards that target Keyman Desktop 6.

Ideally, to track this issue, we need:

1. A bug report at New Issue · keymanapp/keyman. Are you willing to create a bug report, with detailed steps?
  2. A crash dump file. Collection of these locally is not enabled by default on Windows. You can enable it by creating the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps. Please note: editing the registry can be a risky process, and we cannot provide support on doing that. Learn more about crash dumps. Once you have enabled crash dumps, you can find the dump files in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps.

I had completely abandoned the Keyman.

OK, so I’m not sure what you are asking for here? Are you asking for help, or just complaining?

If you need further assistance from the community, reply to this thread; otherwise it will be closed within three weeks.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.