Keyman Ethiopic Keyboards very buggy in version 15

I have been having a lot of problems with Keyman Ethiopic keyboards, and have had to reinstall version 14 to carry on working.

Using any of the available keyboards (I prefer the Ethiopic language neutral one) the program crashes, apparently randomly changes the caps lock, misses characters, and many other things. Any advice?

Hi @Ralph_Lee, welcome to the community! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble using Keyman. Which operating system are you using – Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, or iOS?

Windows 11. I have a colleague with the same problem with Windows 10.

Hello @Ralph_Lee I will load up the keyboards tomorrow to see if I can reproduce some of the issues you are having.

Regards,
Ross

Ross
Both me an my colleague have just installed the latest release of 15.0.268 - and the problems seem to have been solved.

3 Likes

@Ralph_Lee thanks for following up – great to hear that the latest release resolved the problems!

1 Like

That is good news - reach out again if any problems arise.

Please specifically point out the things that troubling you so that we can keep track of them. You can also choose to create bug reports yourself on GitHub.

Coming back again on this. Although somewhat better, in an extended session of working the same problems returned - so I’m going back to version 14. My colleague also developed the problem again.

Hello @Ralph_Lee sorry to hear this. I have discovered one issue which I have raised here. I will begin working on the solution.

It would be good if you were able to identify more specifically the issues.
For example, you say it misses characters can you identify the keys pressed when this occurs?
Type “xyz” the output is “abc” instead of “qrs”

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.