Interface language for configuration tool?

Hi, I’m using WeSay in Francophone Africa and am writing a paper in French for local teams on using WeSay themselves in situations where they may not have an administrator with English skills. I was easily able to set the interface of the WeSay program to French but I can’t find how to change the configuration tool to French. Is there something I’m missing, or is this simply not an option? Is such an option in the works? If not, I’ll have to include a translation of the configuration tool in the paper I’m writing.

Hi Elaine,

Is there something I’m missing, or is this simply not an option?

Right, I don’t think there is a way to localize the configuration tool. We made the assumption back then (wrongly, perhaps) that the linguist operating the configuration tool could get by in English.

Is such an option in the works?

No, sorry. It would not be a very large job, but SIL is currently putting our efforts towards an online replacement for WeSay (Language Forge).

John

OK, thanks for letting me know. At least I know I’m not reinventing the wheel if I write up a French translation of the configuration tool. The groups I’m working with generally have little to no internet access so Language Forge is not really a practical option.