Indic ISIS(Tamil)

What are the keystrokes for typing ங ஞ ள ன?

Which keyboard are you using? Is this on a desktop keyboard, or a phone/tablet?

Thanks for your response. It is the desktop English (US) Keyboard.

Any luck with a solution for my problem, Mr Drowe?
" What are the keystrokes for typing ங ஞ ள ன? " on ISIS Keyboard?

According to the online help for this keyboard (https://help.keyman.com/keyboard/isis_tamil/2.0.2/chart), there should be a way to type the first character you list, but the chart has “?” so it’s not clear what key to press to get the character (or if the keyboard even supports it). Unfortunately we don’t have the source for the ISIS keyboards nor the permission from the author to do anything but distribute the compiled keyboard.

One possibility would be to use a different Tamil keyboard, such as Thamizha Tamil99 keyboard (although the layout of the keys will likely be different). Using that keyboard typing b ] y i produces ங ஞ ள ன .

If this doesn’t address your problem, please write again.

It appears that x is a deadkey and xm out puts ங. xn outputs ஞ. See if that helps.

I didn’t want to change Keyboard and hence didn’t try.
Tried Lorna’s suggestion for 2 of the 4 consonants. They work!!

Thanks Lorna xm and xn worked. And the time you spent for this.
Can I wait for for 2 more consonants, from you. :slightly_smiling_face:
May be, I will try other dead keys + other consonants

ll = ள
;n = ன

Hope this helps. We hope the keyboards will eventually be updated by Gautam because I cannot keep trying to figure out the documentation.

Thanks very much Lorna, for your time and solving my problem with these 4 consonants

xm = ங xn = ஞ ll = ள ;n = ன

Thanks very much Lorna, for your time and solving my problem with these 4 consonants

xm = ங xn = ஞ ll = ள ;n = ன

The discussion is resolved