How to use Javascript-based encoding converter to use with SIL tools (e.g. TecKit)

Hi,

I thought I came across some documentation and repository for using javascript converters with TecKit or another SIL tool.

I have been updating javascript code for converting APS_C_DV_* (Devangari legacy) font into Unicode. I would like to adapt as need and plugin to any SIL tool that would allow me to run it on MS Word documents. It currently only works as copy and paste via HTML text boxes.

Any direction is appreciated!

Peace,
Kaanchan

Getting back into the same project. Does anyone have any ideas if this is possible?

I don’t actually understand what you are trying to do, but I’ll drop a link to SIL Converters where there are more resources on the topic.

https://software.sil.org/silconverters/

Kind regards,

Chris

Thanks, Chris, for that link. I have referred to that page before and maybe it will help to look at it again.

What I’m trying to do:
Use any existing SIL tool capable of calling an existing javascript function, and use the returned string as the converted value for legacy encoded text.

The SIL Bulk Word Document Converter does a brilliant job of converting text in a Word doc given a TEC map. The TEC map essentially takes legacy input, provides new Unicode output, and copies it to the Word doc.

Since my converter is a javascript function rather than a TEC map, I would love to leverage the SIL Bulk Word Document Converter to use the javascript function so that it can be applied to Word docs rather than just copy and paste text into an HTML form (which is the current scenario).