Help files

I just created the “eo_plus” (Esperanto Plus) keyboard, whose files I uploaded to my fork of the keyboards GitHub repository, waiting for someone verifying my pull request.

After creating the keyboard, I created the “welcome.htm” file in the “source/welcome” folder, where I also put all the files needed for the correct display of the “welcome.htm” file, i.e. the “welcome.css” file and some image files. Then I had to write the help files in the “source/help” folder, so I simply copied all the files from the “source/welcome” folder, renaming the “welcome.htm” file to “help.php” and the “welcome.css” file to “help.css”. Then I had to write the doc files in the “docs” folder, so I copied again all the files from the “source/welcome” folder, renaming the “welcome.htm” file to “info.html” and the “welcome.css” file to “info.css”.

But, since having duplicate code is not the best thing, I was wondering if it is possible to reduce the number of files, for example creating internal links to the files in the “source/welcome” folder, so that in the “docs” folder remains only the “info.htm” file and in the “source/help” folder only the “help.php” file.

Thanks

You’ll need to name your PHP file “eo_plus.php” in order for it to work in the system. This is the online help for the keyboard. The welcome.htm provides the help that is locally available on the computer.

We do have plans for a unified source for the help information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.