Feedback on Keyman 15.0 Alpha

I think the basic specs are very similar, so it probably doesn’t change anything in our testing. It would be good to see your keyboard as I am not reproducing the issue in the way you experience it.

See https://github.com/keymanapp/keyman/issues/6177 – can we track this there?

Thank you for sharing the project. I’ve replicated the font size here. It turns out that this was inconsistent in earlier versions of Keyman for Android, as your phone was being treated as a tablet. So the font size is more consistent in Keyman 15 as your phone is being treated as a phone :). We are hoping to dramatically improve the whole look and feel and customisability of the on screen keyboard in Keyman 16, so can you live with the change in font size for now?

I can, since I’m expecting more fixes/improvements in 15 beta.

1 Like

Great, thank you! We’re getting very close to beta – had to delay a little as we had a set of issues with text selection that needed careful attention.

Ok. Just one more thing, in case that might help in any way:
This keyboard doesn’t have a phone layout; only a tablet layout. So, phones use the tablet layout.

I was just wondering today why my phone was being treated as tablet, then I remembered the design.

Keeping my fingers crossed for 15 beta. More strength to the Keyman team.

1 Like

Yeah, that doesn’t impact Keyman’s tablet detection code – it’s a completely separate issue. Tablet detection is fraught because Android doesn’t actually define what a tablet is. We may improve on this in future versions with specific form factor dimension breakpoints (based most likely on horizontal physical size of screen), and map tablet to >= 7 inches or something like that.

The issues with text selection and editing have (finally!) been fixed – a big job across 3 platforms (web, iOS, Android)! They should land in release 15.0.204

1 Like

We have now published 15.0 beta. Please post any additional feedback in the new community topic at Keyman 15 Beta Feedback :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like