Error in keyman developer

Hello. I’m working on a Keyman project for the languages of Chad and I’m having a problem.
I’ve recently had some problems where I can’t compile the keyboard, and I can’t open the .kps package source file, getting this error:

We noticed that if we delete the kpj.user file, then we can do both of those things. But it appears that the compilation re-creates the kpj.user file, which then prevents use from doing those things again. I’ve attached the kpj.user file, in case that helps identify the problem.

Thanks,

Roger

Welcome to the community @Roger_Nadoumngar,

I’m sorry that you experience this issue. Could you share the keyboard folder with me so I can take a look at it?

Thank you!

For our internal reference, error report is here: #11687.

1 Like

We noted that the project you sent us does not contain a .kps file, which means we cannot reproduce the error. Are you able to share the .kps file with us as well?

I have pushed a fix for 17.0 and 18.0-alpha for this issue at #11698 and #11699. These should be published in the next few days. This should avoid the crash, but we don’t really know which file was causing the crash, except that it was a .js file.

Thank you for your help and this news. I started the compilation again, and it seems to me that it was done without an error, strange, isn’t it? Now I have another problem, can I put it in the community? Or should I explain it to you directly?

(Attachment roger_nadoumngar.vcf is missing)

Yes, please share any issues in the community, as that way anyone else who experiences it will also benefit from our responses :grinning: