Editing existing cree keyboard

i am trying to create a powhatan syllabics keyboard and it is very similar to the already existing bj_cree_east keyboard. i am having issues with some superscript characters and i would either like to see under the hood or edit the one already existing. the developer needs a source file for it which i can’t seem to find in the github. any guidance or help would be appreciated

Most of our keyboards link to the source files from the keyboard page.
https://keyman.com/keyboards/bj_cree_east

Happy New Year! Sorry this was so terse! We weren’t responding between Dec 22 - Jan 1. The link I gave you is for the source for BJ Cree East. You are welcome to use those source files to create a new keyboard that supports powhatan.

I hope you can figure out how to make the changes! You might find it easiest to create the whole file/folder structure from scratch and then copy all the rules from the bj_cree_east.kmn file into your new keyboard. You might wish to do something similar for the touch layout. Or just take the touch layout from bj_cree_east.keyman-touch-layout and rename it to powhatan.keyman-touch-layout (or whatever you end up naming it).

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.