Do i need to attribute the font authors if i use OFL font for my commercial project like social media ads (photo & video), book, logo?

Do i need to attribute the font name & authors if i use OFL font for my commercial project like social media ads (photo & video), book, logo & etc?

I read the SIL Open Font License (OFL) here : https://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&id=OFL#2855b85f & there is statement “The icon shows a person and represents the author(s).
The requirement is for proper attribution of the author(s): name(s) and notice(s) must be preserved and abuse of the name(s) and reputation of the author(s) is forbidden.
See condition 2) and 4) of the OFL.” with Attribution icon on the Attribution section.

I hope anyone can help me with this question & make it clear. Thankyou :slight_smile:

Hello Andi,

Sorry for the confusion caused by the info in that section on the page. The OFL-FAQ section 1.1.2 gives a clearer explanation for artwork produced by using an OFL font:

Question: 1.1.2 Is any kind of acknowledgement required?

Answer: No. Font authors may appreciate being mentioned in your artwork’s acknowledgements alongside the name of the font, possibly with a link to their website, but that is not required.

Hope that helps,

Victor

Thankyou so much Victor for your reply!

God bless