Developer: UNC paths are not supported

We have our Keyman build files out on a server, and we use UNC paths to point to this server. When we build the keyboard we get the following warnings:

sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn - info KM00000: ‘\cdb.silchb.org\Server\Data\Language Technology\Keyboards\sil\sil_tchad_qwerty\source’
sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn - info KM00000: CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn - info KM00000: UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn - info KM05002: Building //cdb.silchb.org/Server/Data/Language Technology/Keyboards/sil/sil_tchad_qwerty/source/sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn
sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn - info KM05006: //cdb.silchb.org/Server/Data/Language Technology/Keyboards/sil/sil_tchad_qwerty/source/sil_tchad_qwerty.kmn built successfully.
sil_tchad_qwerty.kps - info KM00000: ‘\cdb.silchb.org\Server\Data\Language Technology\Keyboards\sil\sil_tchad_qwerty\source’
sil_tchad_qwerty.kps - info KM00000: CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
sil_tchad_qwerty.kps - info KM00000: UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.
sil_tchad_qwerty.kps - info KM05002: Building //cdb.silchb.org/Server/Data/Language Technology/Keyboards/sil/sil_tchad_qwerty/source/sil_tchad_qwerty.kps
sil_tchad_qwerty.kps - info KM05006: //cdb.silchb.org/Server/Data/Language Technology/Keyboards/sil/sil_tchad_qwerty/source/sil_tchad_qwerty.kps built successfully.

I assume this just means that the CMD used to build the keyboard can’t cd to the UNC path, so it runs it from the Windows directory. It seems to create the build files just fine, so I assume it adjusts the command parameters appropriately to point to those files out on the UNC path, correct?

I would just like to confirm that there shouldn’t be any problems with doing this.

As far as I can tell, it should be fine. The working directory is not important for the compiler. I’ve added an issue to avoid the problem by not attempting to use a UNC path as a working directory when instantiating the compiler: #11891