Devanagari Transliteration not working

I have installed two keyboards, viz., Devanagari and Bengali.

While the Bengali keyboard is working perfectly.

Devanagari is only 50% working, because the other 50%, the transliteraion is not working.

Can you please help with this.

Thanky you,
Yours sincerely,
Jayaradhakrishna dasa

Welcome back to the community @Jayaradhakrishna,

From the list of Devanagari keyboards here: Keyboard Search, which one has the issue?

1. What are the other 50% keys that cause this issue and the behavior when using the not working keys?
  2. Are the not working keys documented in the keyboard help or should there be more keys and outputs?
  3. What are the expected outputs for the transliteration?

If you like the process to be faster, we suggest creating a bug report on Keyman’s repository with the information or you could answer the questions here and I will create a bug report when I am able to reproduce the behavior.

It helps us prioritize if the bug report come from Keyman users rather than from inside the Keyman team.

From the list of Devanagari keyboards here: Keyboard Search, which one has the issue?

https://keyman.com/keyboards/heidelberginputsolution

1. What are the other 50% keys that cause this issue and the behavior when using the not working keys?
  2. Are the not working keys documented in the keyboard help or should there be more keys and outputs?
  3. What are the expected outputs for the transliteration?
  1. Devanagari output is working fully which is 50%, but Roman transliteration output is not at all working which is 50%

2. There is no problem with the Devanagari output

3. https://help.keyman.com/keyboard/heidelberginputsolution/1.0/heidelberginputsolution

Actually, even the Devanagari output is not working, not just Roman transliteration in this https://keyman.com/keyboards/heidelberginputsolution and so I tried
it again after having uninstalled and installed it again to see if the output will work, but it does not.

The expected outputs are:

https://help.keyman.com/keyboard/heidelberginputsolution/1.0/heidelberginputsolution

I have installed https://keyman.com/keyboards/itrans_bengali?bcp47=bn and the expected outputs are perfectly working.

Hello @Jayaradhakrishna,

I cannot reproduce the issue when following the instruction on here - Heidelberg Input Solution Keyboard Help. Here is what I am able to get: Ŋ ŋ Ṇ ṇ ̆ ŭ ̆ .

Solution 1:

1. Would you be able to check if Keyman for Desktop is open while using the keyboard?
    If it’s open, Keyman will be visible here.
    If it’s not open then it could be the reason that typing * + a is not ª.

This is the keyboard I use to type ª but others would work the same.

When I switch to Devenagari Romanized (SIL), the keys output normally.

Example: टदटनदटजदावटतरयुपोडकबगमनड

Solution 2:

1. What is the version for Keyman that have this issue? The latest stable version is 16.0.145, could you update to that?
  2. What OS are you using to produce this issue. Please also provide the version.

Let us know how it goes. We look forward to hear back from you.

Thank you mengheng for you kind input and suggestions.

Solution 1 does not work because that is what I already did, but does not work.

Here is how it appears

The switching to Assamese/Bengali works as seen

Response to Solution 2:

1. I have installed this latest version of 16.0.145

2. OS information
    64-bit OS
    Windows 11 Pro
    Version 22H2

1 Like

Re: Solution 1: I am using Keyman to type Bengali alphabets perfectly well. I observed that Devanagari Romanized (SIL) doesn’t appear whereas
three for Devanagari and three for Transliteration does appear but when I choose any one these six, no expected output happens

Re: Solution 2:

1. I am using the latest version, 16.0.145,
  2. OS is windows 11 Pro, 64-bit version

Thank you.

image.png

Selecting any one of the above six keyboards does not produce the expected output

The Bengali keyboard is working perfectly well.

Is there an alternate keyboard that I can try?

Is the problem due to windows 11, since it is stated in The Heidelberg Input Solution keyboard
Note: For full support of Unicoded Indic scripts, you should use Microsoft WindowsXP and/or Microsoft OfficeXP environments.

Yes, that is a very old keyboard and its documentation has not been updated for many years. But Keyman is fully compatible with Windows 11, so that’s not likely to be the issue. We’ll keep exploring to try and figure it out.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the input. I will wait for the solution.

1 Like

Hello @Jayaradhakrishna, I’m sorry that you still couldn’t use the keyboards. I have tested them on my system which has the same OS and Keyman version like yours and I can use the keyboards as expected.

Can we have a remote session so I can take a look at these keyboards on your computer to figure out what’s going on? Please let me know your available time.

Also, can I know what applications do you use with these keyboards?

Thank you!

Thank you so much for your input that it is working for you. It will be great to have a remote session to figure it out.

Between 10am to 1 pm and then 4pm to 7 pm.

I use MS word.

1 Like

@Jayaradhakrishna, can you try to remove the associate language and add it again from all 6 keyboards?

You can follow the instruction here: How To - Set up Your Computer for a Keyman Keyboard.

Our developer, @ross, is looking into this issue.

Thank you.

1 Like

— Note: Email replies will be posted to the SIL Software Community Site —

| Nyny
March 15 |

• | - |

@Jayaradhakrishna, can you try to remove the associate language and add it again from all 6 keyboards?

Sure.

You can follow the instruction here: How To - Set up Your Computer for a Keyman Keyboard.

I will follow the instructions and see how it works.

Our developer, @ross, is looking into this issue.

Thank you.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

It worked and so I can type in Bengali as কৃষ্ণ and in Devanagari as कृष्ण and also in Roman as Kṛṣṇa . Successful. Hope it works well without any bugs. Will wait and see if any problems arise. Thank you for all of your help.

2 Likes