Dega keyboard of Keyman

The picture below is the K’Ho language we are using. In addition to special characters with unique characteristics, it also has an apostrophe ("") in Vietnamese. For example: Kơnràñ, dà Làc, dơ…"Although Keyman allows conversion to Talex for use in typing Vietnamese characters. But it’s very time consuming and inconvenient. Can you help us add the feature of typing talex (with Vietnamese accents) in the K’Ho keyboard? This way the software will be more complete. We thank you very much.

Welcome to the community @Kminh,

In Dega keyboard, you need to follow these rules to get the diacritics:

(Dega Keyboard Help)

Can you explain how do you want to add the telex feature into the keyboard? Do you want to use E + ^ = Ê instead of the original rule E + E = Ê?

Thank you!

two accents for pronunciation. In addition to the inverted caret as you mentioned, there is a "" sign, which in Vietnamese is called an accent mark. For example: “Dà Làc, Kơnràñ,…” You notice the letter “a” has a hyphen above it like the Vietnamese accent mark. I have sent you the quote. That mark is what the keyman is missing.

I have created an issue: [dega] Missing grave accent #2618 for the missing " ` " grave accent.

You can write your comment there if you have something to add more.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Kminh

uu or uw produce ư (and UU and UW produce the uppercase).
ow produces ơ (and OW produces the uppercase).

Are there other combinations you need? Otherwise, I believe the keyboard supports the characters you are wanting to type. The online help file gives the keystrokes including the availability of this “horn” with other diacritics: Dega Keyboard Help

Let us know if we are missing something or if this is sufficient for your needs.

Alternatively, if you want the K’Ho language associated with this keyboard, can you give me the Ethnologue code? I see that kpm Koho is already associated with the keyboard. Is that the language you are referring to?

1 Like

Oh, I see you want a grave accent. Would you want to use “a+`” to access “à”?

Huh. Assuming you’re referring to the dega keyboard, given your thread’s title… that “à” appears to be available in the dega touch-keyboard as a subkey of ‘a’:

Lorna’s suggestion already exists for the hardware keyboard; it’s even in the help files.

Now, in regard to telex as linked above by Nyny, I see this entry on the Wikipedia page:

Are you asking to be able to type af to get à? I see that this pattern does not currently produce an à.

Hi,

Not just “ah” but other consonants are similar. I give an example: “à, ò, ồ, ờ, è, ề, ù, ừ, ì.” As everyone can see in the following content:

Kơnràñ đơs mơ bol khai: ‘‘Bol kòn lòt tĕ làm khop dunia, yal-pơnrơ Jơnau Yal Niăm jơh jơi crơng-gơs in. 16 Cau lơi pindờn mơ geh pơnđum, gen geh tơngklàs; cau lơi ờ pindờn, gen kong kup glài.” 17 Ală tềl do rơp jăt ală cau pindờn: bơh sơnđăn Añ, bol khai rơp bơtrơh ală cà, rơp đơs ală dà pa; 18 bol khai rơp ăt bơs, mơ dilah bol khai hùc chi lơi khih, gen gơ krung ờ lơh ơniai bol khai; bol khai rơp ơn tê hơđăng bol kòp-jê, mơ bol hơ̆ rơp geh pràn-kơldăng.

Adding slashes to the characters I mentioned will make the K’Ho keyboard more complete. Because, in Vietnam, the K’Ho speaking community generally uses their pronunciation in pronouncing some words to have this character in writing. Your version of Keyman has not yet fully updated the production of these characters in the K’Ho language.

Ex:

Ơ Bàp hi ơm tăm trồ,
Añ từp Bàp Yàng, Bàp Tờm Dờng, Tờm pơjềng trồ tiah.
Ngăi do trồ mìh dờng, nhàc ngăn…

I did just update the keyboard today. I had intended to notify you when it became available. Try the newest version. The documentation tells you what keystrokes to use “`”.

1 Like