COMPLETED App will not function properly on phone

This completed App (see link below) has been tested on several phones but will not function properly.

There is freezing, skipping, timing glitches … with completely inconsistent behavior. It will be good for awhile but then it isn’t.
It happens in pretty much every book, at different times in different places … often restarting the same book only to have it behave differently in a different place.

It behaves like “buffering” so we considered the size but the mp3s have already been compressed to 3gps. An entire Bible can play in one App so this is confusing experienced builders as well.
The larger App with the original mp3s does the same thing.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Any help is appreciated.

https://scriptureearth.org/00i-Scripture_Index.php?sortby=lang&ISO_ROD_index=2456

Since you ask: No, in our project a typical effect is that some apps do not run on certain phones at all, even though those are within the specs. But those apps which open and run, run fine. Of course an old tired Android 4 with limited memory migh show the odd hesitation, but nothing like you describe.

Hope you find the bug. And that you share here what was the problem. Courage!

Thank you for your response, Martin.

Yes, we considered that possibility as well however it does not seem to be the case with the phones it is being tested on.

Yes, when/if we find a solution I will post it here!

Blessings,

Thank you for your response, Martin.

Yes, we considered that possibility as well however it does not seem to be the case with the phones it is being tested on.

Yes, when/if we find a solution I will post it here!

Blessings,

One strategy for errors which cannot be reproduced consistently, is to assume that “there is just one yet undiscovered glitch” somewhere in the code or data.

So consider making two copies taking half the content out of each and see what happens. Can you then locate the “problem” to one half? Then halve the content again (take some books out, or take some pages out, depending on where you are). After a few rounds of halfing, you might have a clear idea where you bug is hiding. This I learnt in the olden days from the support of Corel Draw.

Then you will probably know how to respond: redo that part or try to identify the actual problem and how it happened. Redoing is normally faster and finding the bug is normally more satisfying and might help for your next app…

It also might have something to do with the video files you are using - either the originals, or the compression, or even the program used for encoding the videos.

Thank you for your continued interest, Marty.
I’ve tried everything suggested by anyone.

It is being taken to a higher level … to the EMDC meeting in April. Several techie people looking at this issue is bound to bring a good resolution :slight_smile:

Hope the findings will be posted here as well.