Choose a preferred language to show book titles on bloom library

When looking at books in bloom library, they often have text in several languages, only one of which I know. It would be much easier to pick interesting books if the titles were shown in my language whenever that is available. (This works in language:X collections, but it would be nice to have everywhere.)

I noticed this problem recently when looking at books that have no summary. In that case, the detail page may well show nothing at all in my language unless I open it and select that language. 'For example:

Note that if you start off by clicking on your language from the language picker, you will get titles listed in your language if they exist. Then READing the book will also start in that language by default.

In your case, @Sharon_Thomson, in your example, you must have started off by selecting the “Chitwania Tharu” language. I can determine that because the url you shared ends with “?lang=the”. “the” is the language tag for the “Chitwania Tharu” language.
If you change the url to have “?lang=en” instead, you will see things in English by default. That’s what would have happened if you started by selecting English on the home page language picker.

We’ve improved Bloom Library’s sensitivity to what we call “Language Context”. So if you’ve gone down the path of a given language, book cards will now show the book in that language.