Bloom flatpack is tediously slow

As a Wasta-Linux user I appreciate that Bloom has been packaged as a flatpak to enable it to be installed on Linux-based systems. However, I’m finding it very slow and sometimes non-responsive (this might be due to it only using one CPU; i.e. no multiprocessing). I often click on something, then wait for several seconds for the UI to respond. Sometimes it doesn’t respond, so I click and wait again. This happens on both the Content and Layout views. It’s not clear, but it seems to be worse the more content sections a page has.

I’m trying to create some template booklets/documents that could then be used by various language teams to create their own resources, but this is slowing me way down. They would likely be running Bloom in Windows. I don’t know if the Windows version suffers from the same lack of responsiveness.

Linux-based systems. However, I’m finding it very slow and sometimes non-responsive

Nate, thanks for letting us know. Can you describe the computer you’re using?

I’m trying to create some template booklets/documents that could then be used by various language teams to create their own resources

Just a heads-up: Will your templates include any custom CSS? We are changing the way custom CSS should be written, and reducing the need for it, starting in Bloom 5.7. As Linux will not be getting that update, it might not be a great platform for creating template materials for Windows users in the future. To learn more, check out our draft documentation on these changes.