App Store Connect: Missing API declaration

I’m getting these warnings after uploading to the App Store. It states that starting May 1, 2024, apps with these issues will no longer be accepted in the App Store. I’d like to sort out the issue before then.

Although submission for TestFlight review was successful, you may want to correct the following issues in your next submission for TestFlight review. Once you’ve corrected the issues, upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration - Your app’s code in the “Dictionary” file references one or more APIs that require reasons, including the following API categories: NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryUserDefaults. While no action is required at this time, starting May 1, 2024, when you upload a new app or app update, you must include a NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes array in your app’s privacy manifest to provide approved reasons for these APIs used by your app’s code. For more details about this policy, including a list of required reason APIs and approved reasons for usage, visit: Describing use of required reason API | Apple Developer Documentation.

ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration - Your app’s code in the “Dictionary” file references one or more APIs that require reasons, including the following API categories: NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryFileTimestamp. While no action is required at this time, starting May 1, 2024, when you upload a new app or app update, you must include a NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes array in your app’s privacy manifest to provide approved reasons for these APIs used by your app’s code. For more details about this policy, including a list of required reason APIs and approved reasons for usage, visit: Describing use of required reason API | Apple Developer Documentation.

ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration - Your app’s code in the “Dictionary” file references one or more APIs that require reasons, including the following API categories: NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategoryDiskSpace. While no action is required at this time, starting May 1, 2024, when you upload a new app or app update, you must include a NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes array in your app’s privacy manifest to provide approved reasons for these APIs used by your app’s code. For more details about this policy, including a list of required reason APIs and approved reasons for usage, visit: Describing use of required reason API | Apple Developer Documentation.

ITMS-91053: Missing API declaration - Your app’s code in the “Dictionary” file references one or more APIs that require reasons, including the following API categories: NSPrivacyAccessedAPICategorySystemBootTime. While no action is required at this time, starting May 1, 2024, when you upload a new app or app update, you must include a NSPrivacyAccessedAPITypes array in your app’s privacy manifest to provide approved reasons for these APIs used by your app’s code. For more details about this policy, including a list of required reason APIs and approved reasons for usage, visit: Describing use of required reason API | Apple Developer Documentation.

I have tried building apps with the latest DAB 11.2, and I’m still having the same warnings of missing API declarations.

Is there some way I can create the required privacy manifest before building the iOS version?

I have also confirmed that the API declaration warnings are still present after disabling analytics and firebase.

Thank you for the information on this. I am sorry to say that I was not aware of this upcoming issue until you highlighted this. I will make updates to SAB and DAB to create the privacy manifest files that were mentioned based on the features the user selects . A new release of SAB and DAB will be issued as soon as I have this work completed.

Did you get all four of the API warnings once you disabled analytics and firebase? I know you would still get the one regarding UserDefaults. Did you see any others?

Thank you David, I got the same four errors after disabling analytics and firebase. There were no additional warnings. You’ll probably need to add the privacy manifest to RAB as well.

I still have some customization work to finish, but I believe that this beta should eliminate the warnings. Could you try this for me and let me know if you still see warnings?
This is a beta version of DAB for Mac Dictionary-App-Builder-11.3Beta.dmg - Google Drive

Thanks David!

The issue has been resolved with your beta version. I’ve started using Reading App Builder, and I noticed that the privacy manifest for iOS builds will be required there as well.

I appreciate your quick resolution of the issue!

Will

I’m very to glad to hear that. Yes, the manifests have been added to all of the apps and we will be releasing a new point release, probably today or maybe tomorrow. I appreciate the information. I can make the changes but I don’t have a good way to see if that satisfied Apples warnings so this makes me feel a lot more confident about the release. Thanks.