App closes down after playing audio clip

We are currently trying to create an application which uses audio clips. Unfortunatly, the app closes down every time after playing an audio clip. The audio file for the synchronization of books works perfectly fine. I also tried a different audio type like ‘.wav’. We used Audacity for recording, Windows 11 for developing and a Huawei P Smart 2019 & an emulator (Samsung Galaxy S6) as client devices. We also tried on another Windows 11 PC and it did not work out either. The app itself contains just one sentence with the audio link.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Robin

Hi Robin, glad to hear that you are using this awesome feature. Unfortunately, this feature got broken in one of the latest versions of RAB. The developers are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it.

Keep an eye on the latest release notes to see when they fix this issue. I’m waiting for it too!
Marty

2 Likes

Thank you Marty. We are all waiting with anxiety.

Thank you for your patience. There are two possible solutions.

1. download and install RAB v9.0.1 if you are in a hurry and need to compile your app in the next few weeks. https://software.sil.org/downloads/r/readingappbuilder/Reading-App-Builder-9.0.1-Setup.exe

OR

1. wait for version 9.2.5 (or v 9.3) which fixes the problem from now on into the foreseeable future. This update should be coming out in the next few weeks. Keep checking here: Download - Reading App Builder - Reading App Builder
1 Like

I am happy to announce that the problem is fixed in RAB v.9.3

1 Like