Issue with "Holem" vs "Holem for Waw" with the SIL Hebrew Keyboard

@martinacc As I work on Hebrew Legacy (SIL) I have a few comments/questions:

• Comment: I’m changing [SHIFT K_O] to produce U+05BA
  • Question: [K_QUOTE] used to produce U+2019 and, in 2018 when we moved the keyboard to the Keyman repository, we changed it to produce U+0027 to let applications use smart quotes. Should we leave it or revert it to U+2019?
  • Question: [SHIFT K_QUOTE] used to produce U+201D and we changed it to produce U+0022 to let applications use smart quotes. Should we leave it or revert it to U+201D?
  • Question: [RALT K_QUOTE] used to produce U+0323 and when Unicode encoded U+05C5 we changed it to produce U+05C5. Should use use U+05C5 or do you want to revert to use U+0323?

These are not needed for Biblical Hebrew courses, since we would never ask students to type quotes in tests. I’d like to go with the ability to do smart quotes, since it could be a good feature for modern Hebrew.

It will never be tested on Biblical Hebrew, so, not a big issue to my need.
However, it looks like U+0323 is not a Hebrew character but U+05C5 is. I would go with the latter too.

Thanks for thinking through these issues. I would have not known about them.

Just to make myself clear, when I made the mobile keyboard for Hebrew (SIL), I completely followed the mapping on

I assume it followed the Keyman (SIL) keyboard. However, it looks like the manual was last updated in 2007. Therefore, even if it followed the Keyman (SIL) Hebrew completely then, changes made to the Keyman keyboard will not be reflected in the SBL Hebrew (SIL layout) keyboard.

Hebrew Legacy (SIL) is now online: Hebrew Legacy (SIL) keyboard
I hope this meets your needs.
I think I’ll resolve this issue. If there are further needs with the keyboard maybe you can create an issue in the Github repo.