I’ve looked into this problem briefly and I think I have figured out what’s causing it. Fixing the cause might take us a little while, but I think there’s a way you can work around the issue in the meantime until we fix the root cause. The underlying cause of the issue, I think, is how our sidebar on the main dictionary-edit view works: because some people have projects with many thousands of words, we’ve written the sidebar to only load words “on demand”, so that if you have a large project, you don’t have to wait for tens of thousands of words to load before you can start working. But the search feature in the sidebar can only search through the words that have already loaded into your browser: it doesn’t (yet) know about the words that are sitting there on the server, but whose data has not yet been loaded into your browser. And so that’s why it only searches through a subset of the words in your project.
If I’m right about the cause of the issue, though, there’s a pretty easy way for you to work around the problem while we work on fixing the underlying cause: you can force all the words in your project to load by dragging the scroll bar all the way to the bottom. (On a mobile phone, I think you’d swipe the list instead of dragging the scrollbar). That will cause all the words in the project to be loaded into your browser, and then the search feature will be searching through all the words. Obviously this is just a workaround, and the real answer is for us to rework the search feature so that it’s not limited to just the words that have been loaded so far in your browser. But that should at least let you keep working while we work on fixing the problem.
And if that suggested workaround doesn’t work for you, please let us know, as that would mean that I’m wrong about the underlying cause and we’d have to find a different way to fix the issue.