Windows App Builder (WAB)

Hi,

Likewise DAB, there should be an app for building scripture apps for Windows/Linux/IOS platforms.

Hope my suggestion will be considered.

Humble regards
Raja Sand

I would also appreciate this type of product for making a Windows-based dictionary app.

Yes. While preparing sermon outline in the local language, one should be able to copy and paste scripture portions instead of having to type them all through. Therefore a scripture app for desktop will be a great idea.

I believe the Windows Scripture App may already be possible through PWA (Personal Web App) technology.

Starting in SAB 7, there is support for progressive web apps (PWA). The app has to be published to an https web server before it can be installed on a desktop or mobile device. See section 22 in the Building Apps help document. We don’t have anything for Dictionary Apps.

Chris

Is there any hope for anything ever becoming available for dictionary apps in the PWA arena? I realize they are quite different from scripture apps.

Any hope? Any plans? Any chance this is possible any time soon? I mean scripture app on desktop.

Can you provide the link please. I will like to check it out.

In the Scripture App Builder - Building Apps document, in section 27, it describes how to publish a Scripture PWA.

For the past year, we have been working on a new PWA. It will likely be released this fall. The current PWA is very limited. The new PWA will have many of the features of the native app.

Chris

I am still wondering whether Dictionary Apps will be able to be built for Windows desktop, since Lexique Pro seems to no longer be supported. Is this the right place to ask this question, or do I need to start a different thread?

We don’t have plans to generate Windows desktop apps.

Thank you for your honest answer. Do you have any suggestions on other routes to fulfilling this need for the community requesting an offline dictionary solution for Windows?