Why cannot I save my SA audio?

Good afternoon! I’m struggling with saving my segmentized audio in SA. Here is the error it constantly is showing to me:

where, in scare quotes, you can see the name and the address of the edited audio. I should note that the original audio is not deleted or transmitted into another folder so, theoretically, there should be no difficulties in ‘reading’ it.
Could you kindly tell me what I should do in this case?

Hi Vic,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m sorry SA isn’t working for you at the moment. In order to help get this resolved for you and for other users, the best thing you can do is to develop complete reproduction steps that will generate this error. For example:

1. Open this file (post a file for us to use)
  2. create segments by doing [keyboard action]
  3. Go to File → Save etc.

With your help, if we can reproduce it on our computers, then we have a good chance of fixing it.

I do not know why this is occurring.

thanks,

Chris

1 Like

Mr. Tuman,

Just as a comment, SA can open .mp3 and .wma files, but SA only saves files in the .wav format.

I can see in the image that you have a ‘psv4’ .mp3 file open and you have entered some segments and text.

In can also see in the inserted box that you are trying to open an identical ‘psv4’ file but it is in .wav format.

The error message says “Unable to read”, so I assume you want to open both versions of the file , is that correct?

2 Question:

1. Is the .wav file in the same folder as the .mp3 file?

2. If you Save the .mp3 version of the file, can you then open the .wav version of the file?

Thanks,

Terry

1 Like

It sounds like the File menu Save As is intended for renaming .wav files.

To convert your mp3 file to wav:

1. Select waveform data to copy.
  2. To copy the selected waveform to the Clipboard, do one of the following:
    1. On the Edit menu, click Copy
    2. Press Ctrl+C.
  3. To create a new file from the Clipboard data, do one of the following:
    1. On the Edit or File menu, click Paste As New File.
    2. Press Ctrl+N.
  4. Enter the filename of the wav file to save.

You’ll find these steps in the Speech Analyzer Help:
User Interface → Menus → Edit → Paste As New File

1 Like

As of version 3.1.1.3, Speech Analyzer can now save an opened .mp3 file as .wav.