Videos for RAB

I realise there are videos for Scripture App Builder that are also relevant for Reading App Builder, but it would be helpful if there were some specifically for RAB.

E.g. an Overview of Reading App Builder, Using Word docs as a source, Using SFM as a source, etc.

Has anyone created any?

Liz

Marty Lange has just made some videos available for RAB (March 201)9. It has examples of how to to things in Word documents.

Thanks Ian,

I’ll check them out.

Liz

I am hoping to get permission to focus some time on creating tutorials for some of the more basic functions of RAB - installation, creating an app with Word documents, adding images and sound, using aeneas, etc.

Hopefully, you will see more tutorials in the next several months - keep your eye on https://bit.ly/RABtutorials

1 Like

Thanks for creating the videos Marty, I am looking for how to use aeneas and Audacity to align the text. I noticed you have videos for Audacity but those are not in english. Could you please point to some other resources to learn how to use aeneas and audacity with RAB.

Thank you

Chetan

Hi @Marty

I just found your RAB video tutorial playlist, but I’m not sure I see anything about creating an app with Word documents. Is that still available?

The specific question we received from a user was this:

Would like to find a tutorial video on how to format a word document to make a song book in Reading App Builder. I once saw this video a few years back and cannot locate it now. Any tutorial videos on Reading App Building would be great to know about. Thanks.

I also found this video from Darcie Drymon, which may be just what the user needs.

Thank you,

James

Hi James, thanks for inquiring. In June of 2022 we left SIL (and moved to Alaska). So I am no longer teaching app building or making tutorials. While there might not be video tutorials, the included PDF shows very clearly how to make apps from Word documents. Darcie’s tutorial, though I have not watched it, probably is spot on, as she is a fantastic instructor.

Keep building apps! Marty