Value in Word/Libre Office export?

I’m wondering if anyone is finding the “export to Word/Libre Office” feature useful? I’m not! I’d suggest simply removing it unless there’s a known value in it being there.

I haven’t seen anyone using it for the original purpose.

I showed it to one user in a workshop last week. She had entered the wrong language in the text boxes within her book (accidentally), so when we changed the languages, her text appeared in the yellow bubbles. She wanted to be able to copy the text and put it in the correct boxes in the correct language.

So we exported the book to Word and she could easily copy it. (I guess we could have done it as PDF, but exporting to Word worked for us).

But, as I said, it’s probably not the original purpose for the tool.

Oh my never had someone ask us to remove a feature before. We programmers have a pretty strong aversion to what we call “lock in”, so we wouldn’t remove it, regardless of whether it was used.

Lorrie of RBI will be using it to make braille versions from Word.

So, what is its original purpose then?
What will happen when I use it and edit the text in the Word Document? Will it change in the Bloom booklet as well? Can I import the corrected text back into the Bloom booklet? That would be useful. And if so, would it change in all four language collections that this booklet is in? That would be wonderful… but it might not be the original idea of why this feature was created. Can you enlighten me?
Anne-Marie

What will happen when I use it and edit the text in the Word Document? Will it change in the Bloom booklet as well? Can I import the corrected text back into the Bloom booklet? That would be useful. And if so, would it change in all four language collections that this booklet is in?

It’s an export, plain and simple. Nothing magical :slight_smile:

Thank you John. Clear answer. Not what I hoped for, but non the less: this feature will save me precious hours of copying and pasting - at least one direction. Have a great weekend and thanks again for this wonderful program!

AMK