Using the Talking Book Tool in Bloom 3.9.2 - problem advancing to subsequent page

In Bloom 3.9.2, in using the Talking Book Tool, the Next option is available within a page, but is not available to advance to the next page. To record a subsequent page, it was necessary to select the page, close and reopen the Tool before the first portion of text would be highlighted for recording. This behavior wasn’t observed in earlier versions, but there might have been two or three program revisions since I recorded a talking book. Has anyone else observed this?

Bruce, thank you for reporting this. I have created this issue in our bug tracking system, and we will look at the issue immediately.

Thanks for helping make Bloom better!
John

PS If you find any more bugs, you can put them directly in our bug tracking system by emailing the issue to issues@bloomlibrary.org, or using Help:Report A Problem directly from Bloom.

Thanks, John. We appreciate all your work on Bloom. Okay, I’ll use the e-mail if I come across anything else. I wasn’t sure if it was a bug or my own system issue.

Blessings,

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
So the primary problem that we have focused on is this one:

To record a subsequent page, it was necessary to select the page, close and reopen the Tool before the first portion of text would be highlighted for recording.

JohnT has a fix for 3.9 coming soon which will work for new books. However for existing books, you can do this:

1. In the Edit tab
  2. Open the toolbox (the hamburger menu in the upper right)
  3. Select the settings tab (the gear icon)
  4. Select Talking Book tab

This should permanently fix the problem for that book.

Hi John

Thank you. The updated version 3.9.3 works fine.

Blessings,

Bruce

PS Looking forward to being able to pass epubs to the Bloom Reader for Android!