Tutorials on how to create the Dictionary App

Please can I have a video tutorial on how to create a Dictionary App using the app? Some of us are very new to the app and to programming knowledge.

Welcome JerryD.

Dictionary App Builder needs a source file created in other software.

Two source files are supported:

If you have a source file from one of the above then read the documentation and follow it. It is well written.

Ok, but please sir, I’m totally new to app building so I need a tutorial video in order to follow. Thanks!

Do you have the data for the app in an acceptable format? If so then you are wanting a video on Dictionary App builder. We don’t have those. The instruction PDF is good. https://software.sil.org/downloads/r/dictionaryappbuilder/Dictionary-App-Builder-02-Building-Apps.pdf
If you don’t have data in an acceptable form then you want a video on Fieldworks. Those can be found here: FLEx on Vimeo These may be overwhelming if you have no background in Linguistics.

Dear lan i already have dictionary date as Excel sheet How to convert it to right source support dictionary App builder?

Hello,

Ian is no longer full-time on this team, but I hope I can be of some help. We will need to convert the Excel data to Lift format. Depending on the complexity, I may be able to write something that will do that. Would you be willing to share the file with me, and I can take a look and see if I can convert it?

Regards,
Daniel Harris
Kalaam Media

1 Like

Dictionary musnad

Hi there,

I have had a first attempt at creating a .lift file, then a Dictionary App for this. I have a link to the .apk download:

Are you able to install an .apk on your phone to view it?

Regards,
Daniel

1 Like

@Daniel_H Thanks Daniel it’s good. But i think there’s some wrong with my Excel i must fix it again!
Thank you for your support and we will keep in touch