Touch Screen Underlying Display Latin

I am designing Geez/Ethiopic keyboard for mobile. On the touch screen keyboard, I have turned on the “Underlying Display” box to display Latin characters, which is a nice feature especially for phonetic keyboard. However, the Latin letters on the touch screen keyboard have weak visibility. Does any know how the style can be changed to display a more visible/stronger Latin letters?
Thank you.
Yemane

1 Like

You can try and add the following lines to the embedded CSS if you have both phone and tablet layouts in your keyboard.

.phone .kmw-key-label {
    color: #e6e6e6;
}

.tablet .kmw-key-label {
    color: #e6e6e6;
}

The color in particular and style in general of the label can be changed to suit your need.

@makara a related question, can keyboard options be used to turn the label’s on/off ?

I think the label can be enabled/disabled within Keyman Developer by toggling the “Display underlying”.

Sorry, I mean can the options mechanism be used to allow the user to enable/disable the underlying keys of an installed keyboard?

In the current version, there is no way for the user to toggle it. It can only be done within the Developer for the time being. You may submit a feature request. :slight_smile:

Thank you Makara. The color style for Latin labels is working very well.
As Daniel, mentioned, in the future, a user controlled switch to turn on/off the labels would be desirable.

1 Like

A feature request has been filed. Track it here: feat(android/ios): toggle the underlying characters on/off within Keyman for Android/iOS · Issue #4894 · keymanapp/keyman · GitHub.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.