Touch screen portrait - landscape issues

L.S. As we are running the first internal test, before going to alpha with the keyboard, turning the phone back and forth between portrait and landscape produced a thick black bar on top of each keyboard (holding it horizontal or vertical ). Is this preventable in any way ?! Or is this a KAB issue?

Exemple holding phone at Landscape position:

turning the phone back and forth between portrait and landscape produced a thick black bar on top of each keyboard

Does this happen when you rotate the keyboard in every app, or just some messaging apps?
In April, we fixed an issue in Keyman 13.0 with messaging apps Telegram (#2692) and WhatsApp (#1870). What messaging app is used in your first screenshot?

Or is this a KAB issue?

Can you provide a link to your keyboard package and dictionary package? If we can reproduce the issue in Keyman, that would narrow things down. KAB is maintained by a separate software group, so we don’t have insight there.

Both screenshots were Whatsapp. I will send you the files via a PM. On my phone Telegram does not display the big black bar and none of the other apps I tried. So only Whatsapp has the problem.

Hi @Bart_Eenkhoorn
With Keyman for Android 13.0.6214, I installed the keyboard you sent me.
In WhatsApp, I rotated between portrait and landscape a few times. Once, I briefly saw a black bar in a transition to landscape, but the OSK immediately refreshed correctly. (In landscape, the OSK fills over half the screen, but that’s already a known issue)

I rotated back to portrait and consistently get the correct OSK

Note, I don’t have your dictionary installed, so that is another difference in our setups.

TLDR: It’s possible KAB just needs an update to rebuild with the latest KMEA (Keyman Engine for Android)

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.