The more I type, the slower the prediction/speed

Thanks @rowbory. We are still actively working on this and have another update in the pipeline to go out in the next 14.0 release, either tomorrow or early next week. See #5352.

Many thanks. Iā€™m wondering if thereā€™s anything about the keyboard or lexical model that can hint to the engine how big the sliding window needs to be. Iā€™m thinking the longest word in the lexical model would be a likely limit. Anyway, I mainly came here to say thanks for the hard work and the progress report.

Thank you @rowbory :slight_smile:

Thereā€™s nothing in the keyboard or model which impacts performance significantly, in vast majority of cases. The sliding window size is fixed currently to 64 characters but that can be adapted in future versions as necessary (at 64 characters, there is no performance issue that weā€™ve observed on any device).

Weā€™ve just released version 14.0.277 which has significant additional performance improvements for Android, iPhone and iPad, and web. It should be available now or shortly if you check for updates on your device. Please do let us know how it goes!

Note, the two relevant fixes are #5377 and #5352.

I know you know it fixes it but Iā€™m delighted - it really makes the keyboard considerably more usable. Thanks so much for all your hard work. Now I just need to wait to see when this can make it into Keyboard App Builder. I havenā€™t taken the time to figure out how changes from v13 to v14 will impact the integration into KAB, but this is a very major usability improvement which most users will urgently need.

1 Like

Itā€™s really good to hear the feedback that you are seeing the benefit of the fix. Itā€™s not always 100% clear whether a fix will positively impact all users, particularly when there is a performance issue. So thank you @rowbory for the rapid feedback!

This issue has been resolved! I could type at length without the keyboard slowing down.
Thanks @rowbory for capturing and submitting the profile in time so the Keyman team had the information they needed to work with.
Thanks @Marc and the Keyman team for this significant fix. More grace.
Keyman app is really a lifesaver over here.

1 Like

:confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

Thank you too @rowbory and you @katelem for your feedback and patience as we worked through this!

:heart:

Yes, itā€™s very good. Now Iā€™m just eagerly watching out for an updated KAB so I can rebuild my pan-Nigerian keyboard and reap the benefits. At least I can use the Keyman version for now.