Special layer names in touch layout

Hi, I know at least one special layer name: numeric, for numeric-only text fields. What are other special layer names, for example for email text fields, URL bars, etc. I want to provide these layers to support the users. Thanks!

1 Like

There should also be symbol and currency. Alas, I think numeric is the only one that our Android engine actively looks for. There’s currently nothing designed for special use with email text fields or URL bars.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I will try to provide at least numeric layers for all of my keyboards. Would be a good idea to have this layout defaulted in one (or all) of the available templates (which is currently not the case, cmiiw)

This is on our roadmap to improve, currently scheduled for 16.0 – we plan to include a generic numeric layer.

Some guy called @bennylin wrote about this last year here too :grin: :

1 Like

Everytime since past year I’ve been encountering these text fields, I sure wish my keyboard could have those special layers.

For sure – we just have a tiny team of developers and there’s a limit to what we can achieve for each version! :frowning:

1 Like

Agree, this is one of those low priority improvement. We can always do it with other ways, so it’s not really crucial to have. Supporting numeric layer is already a great help. Plus I suppose it would add complexity to non-Latin keyboards have to provide Latin layout for typing emails and URLs?, albeit a hidden layer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 13 days. New replies are no longer allowed.