[Solved] Keyman 11 Install failed on Linux Mint

I’m running Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon 4.0.9, kernel 4.15.0-45-generic, on a 32-bit machine. I tried installing Keyman 11 with sudo add-apt-repository ppa:keymanapp/keyman and got

You are about to add the following PPA:
Keyman 11 Keyman 11 here and free!
More info: Keyman : “Keyman for Linux” team
Press Enter to continue or Ctrl+C to cancel

and when I pressed Enter,

Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.wxYeFcs6i5/gpg.1.sh --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6E03419649971F1382CE4AF4B033BBD612B4B657
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure

I assumed Mint to be similar enough to Ubuntu that it would work. Wrong?

Hi @Barry
Are you able to add other PPA’s?
Sounds like several people on the linuxmint forum are experiencing the GPG issue with other PPA’s.
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=284172

It’ll take me a while to create a Linux Mint 19.1 VM to see if I can replicate your issue.

This is the first PPA I’ve tried to add. Everything else just from Software Manager.

darcy, thank you for the link to Mint topic 284172. I posted there that this problem still exists, and one of the Mint developers replied with a work-around, and a note that he has fixed the problem for Mint 19.2, when that is released.

For reference, the workaround is:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkps://keyserver.ubuntu.com:443 --receive-keys 6E03419649971F1382CE4AF4B033BBD612B4B657

I am having a similar issue. I have gone through all the steps to add the repository, update, and upgrade it. When I use this step: ```
sudo apt-get install keyman onboard

I receive a message stating that the package cannot be found. It also does not show up in the GNOME software center.

I’ve also had no luck trying to install the app downloaded from one of the mirror sites.

I’m installing it into Linux on a Chromebook.

Welcome to the community @michaeljbarnes,

We apologize for getting back to you this late.
Respectfully, due to the inactivity of the conversation, this topic is now closed for any further discussion.

If the issue persists, please feel free to create a new topic.