Sharing .bloomd files online

We are currently building a web platform for the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development in Solomon Islands. It will be used to share curriculum resources. We would like to put the .bloomd files on there for download, however WordPress doesn’t recognise the file type (even using a special plugin where custom file types can be added).

The plugin requests the following information - description, extension and mime type. I think it is the mime type that is causing the issue.

Does anyone have experience in sharing bloom reader files over WordPress and how did you do it?

Did you try mime type “application/zip”?

Wouldn’t the website users be better served by engaging with collections of relevant bloom files in the bloom website/ecosystem? Then WordPress could display these collections. Maybe the bloom website would be able to provide a collection level RSS feed. Then WordPress could consume that feed. That seems like the better architecture for social engagement.

@Jessica_Wright Were you able to get this working based on Andrew’s suggestion?

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe I did try application/zip and it didn’t work with the plugin I was using. I then got some assistance from an IT colleague and we found a workaround within the file structure of WordPress to link directly to the .bloomd filetype. As the site is not yet hosted, we haven’t been able to test it properly yet but we should me migrating from the local server to a hosted one soon, so then we can check.

Kind regards,

Jess