Settings in Bloom - for punctuation

Some people I am working with are having problems with Bloom settings… When they type a sentence the period comes at the beginning of the sentence, and the same with questions marks, rather than at the end of the sentence.

I am not very familiar with Bloom, and don’t have it on my computer since I use a Mac… so hoping someone can help me. I assume there is a simple setting change, but can’t find it via video calls!

Thanks,
Nancy

Also, is there any plans to make Bloom compatible for Macs!? That would be really helpful. (:

Your script must be set as “right to left”.

To change this, click Settings, and choose the Book Making tab. Under “Default font for _____”, click “Special Script Settings”. Uncheck the box “This script is right to left”.

Is this a known problem that has persisted? This same problem has just occurred for me now, but all Special Script settings are unchecked as a left to right font. Text is typed regularly in a text box but as soon as a period/full-stop is typed it jumps to the beginning of the current line in front of other text. The same problem has not occurred in other text boxes in the same file, but is always replicated in this one case.

@robertearly We’ve seen this many times, but it has always been a result of that RTL being set incorrectly. Go ahead and report a book that has this behavior and we’ll see what’s going on.