Search options

SAB allows customization of the Search page under Features->Search, such as: Show Match accents and tones option on search page (can be turned off), you can specify replacements and diacritics to remove.

I have an app for a language that uses apostrophe for a glottal stop, but using apostrophe as an alphabet letter doesn’t work well for sorting and menu buttons, so I change it to Saltillo. But then when people type apostrophe for glottal stop in their keyboard, search doesn’t work.
If the search could replace apostrophe with a saltillo, as it can in SAB, the search function would work.

I guess I can create a custom keyboard in Keyman for this language, but it would be nice to have the same feature options for the Search page in DAB as are in SAB.
I see this has been feature requested before, so this is a bump of that topic, I guess.

Thanks,
Daniel Harris
Kalaam Media

Hi Daniel,

Could you send a screen shot of the Search Features page from SAB, with the configuration you use to convert the apostrophe?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

These are the Search Features in SAB:

I notice a problem: we would want to replace apostrophe with saltillo, AND match tones and accents, since we want to search with macrons, but the text says: specify replacements IF NOT matching accents

This is the Changes tab in DAB:

(Visually the apostrophe and saltillo often look identical in fonts, but apostrophe is treated as punctuation, saltillo as a letter)

We would like to have ‘Match accents and tones’ on by default too, which is possible in SAB.

Thanks,
Daniel Harris
Kalaam Media

its possible to search by book collection?