Saymore Export to FLExText (FLEx9.0.6)

Trying to export from SayMore to a FLExText. The writing system store in the new version of FLEx (9) is in C:\ProgramData\SIL\FieldWorks\Projects<ProjectName>\WritingSystemStore instead of where SayMore looks for it C:\ProgramData\SIL\WritingSystemStore

The workaround is to copy it to the second folder. I am guessing that this could be an issue going forward.

Jonathan

Jonathan thanks for letting us know. We’ll get that fixed.

FYI: the fix for this has been made, but it has not yet been released.

When is this going to be released? I’m really confused. My version of SayMore is 3.2.8 (release), but the latest version available on the downloads page is 3.1.5. I must have been given a release candidate before it was made public or something. My version of FLEx is 8.3.12.43172. What do I need to do to get this export from SayMore to FLExText to work?

I just had a colleague try to export from a SayMore 3.2.8 project to 8.3.12 Flex and she only could see English (en) as language options. I checked Flex Writing Systems and they were fine and located in SIL\WritingSystemStore though not in the WritingSystemRepository. I couldn’t see why SayMore couldn’t see the writing systems. This seemed to be the closest relevant problem but again it doesn’t quite seem relevant. Any ideas?

SayMore 3.2 was briefly released (in fall of 2019, I believe) and then yanked because it caused some problems. By the time the problem was discovered, the team that had been working on it had moved on to something new, so it took a very long time to fix the problems and re-release it. As you may have noticed, we are now of version 3.6.x of SayMore.

I see several writing system options for the FLEx export using the current version of SayMore. I realize your post is pretty old and you’ve likely moved on, but if this is still of concern, please try it in the latest version of SayMore and post a new comment if you’re still seeing this problem.